As we are committed to protecting your privacy, if you have any requests or questions concerning your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
United Markets, Inc. collects the following information that you provide when registering on UnitedtoGo.com, together with information we learn about you from your use of our grocery delivery service, your visits to our website, and your visits to other sites accessible from our website. We also collect information about the transactions you undertake, including details of payment cards used. We use this information to:
- Provide our grocery delivery service to you, improve the quality of the service, and develop new products and services.
- Allow your Personalized Shopper (which is one of United Markets’ own employees) to do the shopping for you, package your order and deliver it to your home, office or car door, and/or call or text you with any updates or issues
- Charge you for the purchase and delivery costs through our software processing partners, Freshop.
- Understand how users interact with our service as a whole in order to test new features or changes in our features, and improve the services for everyone.
- Provide customer service, respond to your communications and requests, and contact you about your use of UnitedtoGo.com. At any time, you can opt-out of receiving promotional communications from United Markets, Inc. by using the settings on your Account Profile page.
- Use of Your Information and Your Preferences
United Markets, Inc. will use your information to provide and personalize our services, to help us improve our service to you, and to make our communications more relevant.
We will also use your contact details to regularly communicate with you. We may use your information to send you offers and information from United Markets, Inc., as well as other carefully selected companies which we think may be of interest to you. Once you have registered to use www.unitedtogo.com, you will be provided with access to a “Contact Preferences” page that will allow you to tailor our commercial communications to your preferences.
To change your contact preferences simply click “My Account” in the top frame and click “Your Contact Preferences”. If you do not want to receive commercial communications from us, please select your choices by using the boxes available on that page.
United Markets, Inc. would like to hear your views to help us improve our service. From time to time, we may contact you to solicit your opinions. Again, if you do not wish to be contacted for this purpose, please make your choice on the “Contact Preferences” page.
Please note that there may be instances where it may be necessary for us to communicate with you, regardless of your contact preferences, for administrative or operational reasons relating to our service.
2. Disclosure of Your Information
Your information may be used by United Markets, Inc., all of its related companies, and all of its Members. We will never sell nor pass your personal data to anyone outside of United Markets, Inc., except for any successors to our business and the organizations that process data on our behalf. We may also use and disclose information in the aggregate (so that no individual customers are identified) for marketing programs, advertisers, and partners.
United Markets, Inc. may display targeted advertisements based on personal information. United Markets, Inc. does not provide any individual personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may, however, assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria—for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
3. Legal Disclaimer
4. Other Web Sites
United Markets, Inc. uses both session ID cookies and/or persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time, unless you remove the cookie in the manner determined by your particular Internet browser. Disabling the cookie function for your Internet browser will restrict the online services you can use at the United Markets, Inc. website.
6. Clear Gifs (Web Beacons)
We use clear gifs on our sites from Google Analytics and other 3rd party vendors. This enables us to gauge the effectiveness of our services and marketing programs.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Once we receive the data it is immediately re-encrypted prior to storage. By default, payment card data is permanently destroyed within 91 days of submission.
United Markets, Inc. follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted by you, both during transmission and upon United Markets, Inc. receipt. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while United Markets, Inc. strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
United Markets, Inc. reserves the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here.
Disclosures for California Residents
These additional disclosures for California residents apply only to individuals who reside in California. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“ CCPA ”) provides additional rights to know, delete and opt out, and requires businesses collecting or disclosing personal information to provide notices and means to exercise those rights. The words used in this section have the meanings given to them in the CCPA, which may be broader than their common meaning. For example, the definition of “personal information” under the CCPA includes your name, but also more general information like age.
A. Notice of Collection.
Although the information we collect is described in greater detail in Section III above, the categories of personal information that we have collected – as described by the CCPA – including in the past 12 months are:
- Identifiers – including name, email address, and IP address.
- Other individual customer records – including phone number , billing and shipping address, and credit or debit card information. This category includes personal information protected under pre-existing California law (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e)), and overlaps with other categories listed here
- Demographics – including your age. This category includes data that may qualify as protected classifications under other California or federal laws.
- Commercial information – including purchases and engagement with our Services.
- Internet activity – including your interactions with our Service.
- Geolocation data – including location enabled services such as WiFi and GPS.
- Sensory Information – such as recordings of phone calls between you and us and surveillance video at our properties, where permitted by law.
- Inferences – including information about your interests, preferences and favorites.
- Health Information – Including any information you provide to us regarding an experience with United Markets, Inc. that may require us to contact any/all personnel or our software partner, Freshop, for public health or safety reasons, or to facilitate a refund. We do not share your identity with anyone outside of United Markets, Inc. or Freshop the we may contact in such a capacity, but do share date, time and location of a transaction, which may allow someone to independently identify you.
For more information on our collection practices, including the sources we receive information from, please review “ Information We Collect ” section above. We collect and use these categories of personal information for the business purposes described in “ How We Use Your Information ” section above, including to provide and manage our Services.
We disclose the following categories of personal information to third parties for our commercial purposes: identifiers, demographic information, commercial information, relevant order information, internet activity, geolocation data, sensory information, and inferences. We partner with different types of entities to assist with our daily operations and manage our Service. Please review the “What We Share” section above for more detail about the third parties we have shared information with and the underlying principles the guide our sharing practices.
B. Minors 13 – 16 Years of Age
As stated above, we do not knowingly “sell,” personal information as that term is defined under the California Consumer Protect Act (“CCPA”), including that of minors under 16 years old who are California residents.
C. Do Not Track
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
D. Right to Know and Delete.
California residents have the right to delete the personal information we have collected from you, and the right to know certain information about our data practices in the preceding twelve (12) months. In particular, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
If you would like delete your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
E. Right to Opt-Out.
We do not generally sell information as the term “sell” is traditionally understood. However, if and to the extent “sale” under the CCPA is interpreted to include advertising technology activities such as those implemented specifically for interest-based advertising, we will comply with applicable law as to such activity.
F. Authorized Agent.
You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
G. Right to Non-Discrimination.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any your rights.
H. Financial Incentives.
Financial incentives are programs, benefits, or other offerings, including payments to consumers as compensation, for the disclosure, deletion, or sale of personal information about them. We offer a number of promotions and other incentives at any given time, each with their own individual terms. For a list and more details about our promotions and other incentives current at this time, please visit our “Terms of Promos and Credits” page which lists each promotion its respective terms here. Your intentional participation in any of the programs, benefits, or other offerings under this Section will be interpreted as affirmative consent to the terms of such incentive.
For example, we offer a referral rewards program to our users who recommend our services to their contacts as prospective customers, when those prospective customers sign up for, and makes a purchase using, the Service. We generally do not treat consumers differently if they exercise a right under California law. However, in certain circumstances, discounted prices or rewards will require you to be part of the particular program. In such circumstances, we may offer a price difference because the price is reasonably related to the value of your data.
I. Shine the Light.
If you are a California resident, you may ask United Markets, Inc. for a notice describing what categories of personal information United Markets, Inc. shares with third parties or affiliates for those third parties or affiliates’ direct marketing purposes and identify the name and address of the third parties that received such personal information. Please submit a written request to the address provided below and specify you want a copy of your California Shine the Light Notice. We may require additional information from you to allow us to verify your identity and are only required to respond to requests once during any calendar year.
H. Consumer Affairs
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California residents are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: If you have a question or complaint regarding the Website, please send an email to email@example.com. You may also contact us by writing to us at the address provided below under Section XII entitled “Contact Information”. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.